Entries are invited for The Bath Children’s Novel Award 2019 from June 17th until November 17th 2019 (23:59 GMT). Full competition terms here
How to Enter:
1. First, please pay the entry fee of £25 per novel.
We accept payments by Paypal, credit or debit card, bank transfer, cheque or postal order. If applying for a sponsored place please follow the instructions after the payment types.
For Paypal, click the Pay by Paypal button. Or to pay by credit or debit card click the card symbols below the Paypal button:
The Bath Novel Awards
To pay by bank transfer, send £25 per novel in £GB only to a/c 22562591 (“The Bath Novel Award”) sort Code 60-24-77, referencing the title of your novel.
Cheques & postal orders, in £GB only payable to “The Bath Novel Award” should be mailed to: The Bath Novel Award, PO Box 5223, Bath, BA1 0UR, England, UK
Sponsored entry applications for low income writers
- A limited number of sponsored entry places are available for writers on low income who are otherwise unable to afford entry fees. Successful applicants will be contacted if longlisted and must be able to provide proof of financial eligibility such as: Jobseeker’s Allowance; Disability Benefit; Income Support; Working Tax Credit; proof of being a full-time student; Housing Benefit; proof of being a full-time carer. All details will be kept entirely confidential. To apply, please select the “sponsored entry application” option in the payment section in the entry form below and give “Sponsor Sponsor” as the name of the payee.
2. Lastly, submit your novel extract and synopsis, either online or by mail:
- Mail your novel extract (up to the first 5,000 words) and synopsis (one page) to: The Bath Novel Award, PO Box 5223, Bath, BA1 0UR, England, UK together with a covering page stating your name and email or postal address, novel title, genre, extract and approximate full manuscript word counts, plus your method of entry fee payment. The postmark should be no later than 17th November 2019.
- Please enclose an SAE if you would like an acknowledgement.